I finally finished my first vintage pattern. It has been complete for over three weeks but I have not had a single moment AND an available person to photograph me in it until today.
I am quite pleased with how it turned out. I could not figure out the directions for the belt so I just made it up. I love the contrast of the pink. I also faced the back side of the collar with the pink fabric.
This was quite an accomplishment for me, as I had not sewn in over 20 years and I had never sewn using an unprinted pattern. As I stated in an earlier blog post, I bought the fabric for only $2.00 at a thrift shop. All in all it cost me about $5.00 to complete the dress. I would like to add some pink buttons to the pockets, but will need to get to the store to finish that.
In the photos I am wearing a small crinoline to add some pizzaz. Here is a photo of the back of it.
Sorry for the goofy eyes in these pictures, but the sun was glaring so brightly off the snow that it was hard for me to keep my eyes open.