July 30, 2010

A Snag in My Chiffon

Counting down the hours until my MOD dress needs to be completed for Beatlemania. I have had so much going on that I have been very lazy about finishing it. Things have just gotten in the way and each day I have thought to myself, "Oh, I have such and such more days to get it finished. No problem."

Yikes...reality is hitting...tonight. I completed the first sleeve and then started the second one and holy snagorama. The whole fabric just snagged and basically ruined. Thank goodness I have more chiffon to cut out a new sleeve. I changed the needle and it appears that was all that was needed. I don't know what happened in the minute between finishing sleeve one and starting sleeve two. But something happened.

I did my first french hem. Looks like crap...but it works.
 Cute gathering on the sleeve.
Hubby took a quick picture of me in the one armed dress.
Instead of hemming the dress I may add a band of the paisley fabric across the bottom. What do you think of that idea?. It will match the collar and hide some leg.

 I have my false eyelashes ready and the next shot of this dress will be of me in full Beatlemania garb.
Strawberry Fields Forever

2 comments:

  1. It is looking great!
    Funny you mention a hem band - I just made a skirt that is showing too much knee as well - and thought I would do the same thing! If you make it the same width as the collar it will look meant to be. Can't wait to see you all done up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been there, done that with the snagging. It doesn't take much of a burr on the needle before it becomes a chainsaw--especially with chiffon! I think you've done a great job. Don't think you need a hem band (the dress isn't too short--esp. for Beatles era) but it would be cute either way. Rock on, Sassie Lassie!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails