March 8, 2011

Hey There Gang

 Here Come The Archies

I am going out of chronological order as to the cartoons that I watched, I was just in the mood last night to talk about these guys and gals. I mentioned in an earlier post how I loved their comic books and fashioned (as in the fashions I wore) myself after them.

Again I don't have any true recall of sitting in front of the television and watching these. I could not tell you what time they were on or whether I might have watched them after school. But I DO know that I watched them.

 Gotta love this theme song.
 
And the song Sugar Sugar became the #1 song of the year in 1969 and the only time a
fictional band has ever claimed Billboard's annual Hot 100 top spot



And then came another all girl musical group, Josie and The Pussycats.
I love this theme song.


Do you remember these? Did you want to be Betty or Veronica? Archie or Reggie? Jughead, I believe might have been the equivalent of Barbies~Poindexter. We had a Jughead in our class. He was and still is one of the funniest, goofiest people I know.

1 comment:

  1. I love Archie, I used to read the comics, the cartoon were showed just a little period of time, I like how Veronica was always very well dressed but Betty was more like "free" girl I mean with no poses like veronica

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails