May 14, 2012

It Served It's Purpose

And got me back to my sewing machine. I am not in love with this dress, but it is comfortable. Most/All of the dresses I have sewn thus far have a waistband. Not just any waistband, but a 1940's or 1950's waistband. When I begin sewing the garment, I always think in my head that I will look like the drawing on the front of the pattern. which always (at least it seems to me) have an exaggerated "SMALL" waist. 
I made this dress specifically because it does not have a waist. Too many sweatpants and yoga pants worn over the winter have given me a false sense of my shape. In other words, as I popped another cookie in my mouth, there was not a thought about clothes fitting. My yoga/sweat pants grew as I grew. Okay enough complaining and back to sewing. For the time being, I am going to keep on with the no-waist projects. Next on the list is this wrap dress with polka dot fabric. View B.

 
I have seen some really cute dresses made with this pattern. I hope they don't get my hopes up about what mine will look like.

5 comments:

  1. I think the dress is very cute and summery. Love the fabric you used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the dress too. The fabric is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you needed no rooting on whatsoever! lol The dress looks awesome, I really like it. Is that vintage fabric?? If not, it sure looks it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased the fabric for $1.50 at a thrift store. It seems to have some polyester in it, but it is definitely old, just not sure how old.

      Delete
  4. I have the exact same fabric I bought from Joanns a couple of years ago- I adore it, but I have no idea what to make it into- maybe you will give me inspiration!!! Can't wait to see the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails