April 5, 2010

More Finds at the Thrift Shoppe

I hope everyone had a pleasant Easter Weekend. I work in a restaurant and my weekend was spent serving delicious food to happy patrons.

Last week after the knitting circle I go to, I popped into our local thrift shoppe to see if there were any new sewing arrivals. I usually stop in every couple of weeks to see if there is anything new and I am always so pleased with the wonderful sewing notions that keep showing up there.

This is what I found. A hem marker with a glorious price tag of $1.00. The bad news is I have no clue how to use it. I have sent out an SOS to my sewing friends and will probably know by the time I post this.

I also got around 10 assorted zippers. Each one for only 15 cents each and a sewing basket filled with cool sewing notions. This was marked $1.50.


My favorite piece other than the hem marker is this package of sewing needles which came in the basket. Gosh I love the graphics!!! There was also a package of spare buttons, 4 of which I used today for the shirt I made. See pattern below.


I have been busy all day making this shirt to go with this skirt which I finished last week. I bought a small patterned off white material and then added the pockets and peter pan collar using the umbrella fabric. As soon as I hem the skirt (using the hem marker) I will post a photo of the completed outfit.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails