December 16, 2010

I Spy

I have always loved the game ' I Spy' as well as the hidden picture game in Highlights magazine. Do you remember that from your childhood? We only saw it (Highlights) at Dr. Barstow's office (my childhood family doctor), so it was kind of a mixed feeling. But I digress.

Last night my sister posted some old family photos on Facebook, many of which I had never seen before and taken by my Aunt. My dear and loving Aunt Ruth took thousands and thousands of photos and shared many of them with us, but most of these were new to me and a real delight to see for the first time.

Dear friends, earlier in the evening while still at work, a friend sat at the bar (I was tending the bar area) and ordered a coffee drink. Coffee with Amaretto. I am a sucker for anything with almond flavor and when she decided she did not want it, I drank the whole dang thing, whip cream and all. If you knew me better, you would know that caffeine and Sassy Lassie do not mix. Nope. Never.

So juiced up with caffeine ( I continued to be juiced up and wide awake until sometime in the wee hours of this morning) I strolled through these amazing childhood memories on Facebook and low and behold there was this photo:
Sweet isn't it? It is me and my younger sister Patti on Thanksgiving day 1979. I am 20 years old, newly married and hosting Thanksgiving for 20 or more people. I cooked not only a turkey that day, but also a Smithfield ham which I ordered through a catalog or something. I made the whole meal, from soup to nuts, with most of the dishes coming from an authentic 1780's cookbook.

This is taken in the dining room of my first home.

I Spy!!!!! Look very closely now. Do you see it? I have spoken about it quite a bit lately in this blog.










 EAGLE WALLPAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same color and everything. Please note that both our new home and my first home, came with the wallpaper.

Could there be some planetary alignment that makes me buy homes with this wallpaper in it?

Could I be in two dimensions at once where eagle wallpaper reigns?

I have owned 5 homes in my adult life. What are the odds of having this wallpaper in two of them. 

Is it some kind of other world sign? Is God speaking to me? What could it mean?

I would love to hear your comments on this. Please help me out as I feel that if I take this wallpaper down it will curse me.

3 comments:

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails