March 12, 2011

Knitting and Waiting...they go together well

When I woke up this morning I was very much hoping that Tim would have made some sort of comment on his facebook page. It made me cry a little bit when he had not. The last news we got was yesterday afternoon with this message:
Water is okay for us. Will try to preserve battery as long as possible. Love to all. Tim and Marie and Romeo

Romeo is their cat who has become quite famous throughout certain websites because my brother takes amazing photos of him. He is the love in their lives. Not sure if you can see this but this is his Flickr page for the cat. You may also be able to see other beautiful photos of Japan that he has taken.

My brother is a university professor at Miyagi University. He has lived there for about 25 years and is fluent in the language and the culture. He is married to a Japanese women, Marie, who is just adorable.

Here is my cat Angel holding vigil with me yesterday as I sat glued to CNN. How adorable is she? This could not have been very comfortable for her. She is on two different levels, hard wood and using the remote control as a pillow.
So in between many phone calls and a local ABC news station coming to do a segment (I won't bore you with that link) on my brother and our attempts at trying to reach him, I knit. The 'Briar Rose' sweater may forever remembered as my "earthquake sweater". I knit and knit yesterday and got all the increases done. I am thankful it is mindless knitting of stocking knit stitch. I don't know if I could have done anything complicated or that requires lots of counting. 
I wish to see new images of what is going on in Japan, but it appears the news stations just keep running the same ones over and over. I want new, news!!! New people. My brother.

And speaking of my other "Brother" from a plastic and steel mother...I really hope to start and finish my MPB shirt next week. Keep your fingers crossed and the people of Japan in your thoughts and prayers.

3 comments:

  1. It is times like this that I am SO thankful for knitting. I think I would go crazy during the rough moments in life if I didn't have knitting.

    {hugs} and thinking about you, your brother, SIL and Romeo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a note to let you know I'm thinking of you . I still haven't finished my Veronique sweater,it was a Christmas present. Me Bad.

    luv u
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Elise. I was just able to Skype with my brother and was able to connect my parents by phone so they could hear him. The magic of technology even in a disaster like this is amazing. He is hanging in there...has food and some saved water, heat, electricity. He is only about 7-8 miles from the ocean and total devastation. Now there is big concern about the nuclear power plant.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails