June 16, 2012

SCORE!!!!

I went to my first yard sale of the summer last weekend...and hubby came along, which is a small miracle. I just love Melmac, but alas hubby does not, so I have these for sale on Etsy.
melmac dishes

Melmac cups
This is the treasure hubby found. And it cuts like a dream.
DSCF3795
It's called a "Meteor".
DSCF3797

DSCF3796
And this:
DSCF3826
Which included:
DSCF3827
Homemade Gnocci for us.
DSCF3844

DSCF3843
How about this?
USE FELS NAPTHA SOUP.
DSCF3815

Does anyone know what the thing in the middle is?
DSCF3841
DSCF3834

DSCF3808
DSCF3810

And believe it or not? There was more!!! I'll share with you tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Wow! great finds! my grandmother had something similar to your mystery. It held a bar or scraps of soap that you'd whisk around in your dishwater, before liquid dish-soap became available. I'm guessing the soap grater would have been for laundry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a deep-fry basket.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a score indeed! I love me a vintage push mower, and that one is a beaut! And every single one of your kitchen finds would nestle in so perfectly in my kitchen :) I agree that the wire thing is probably a fry basket.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No the wire thing is definitely for using scraps or bars of soap for washing the dishes. Maybe in this case the soap was grated with that grater. My Nana had these items from the 1930s or thereabouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors of that Melmac dinnerware!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What WONDERFUL finds! I adore that old reel mower, I have one at the Casablanca (the handle recently snapped off of it) but I use it weekly in trimming the lawn!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails