April 19, 2010

Parasol Skirt and Top


I finished this a few weeks ago but never had a chance to photograph till yesterday. The weather has also been rather chilly to prance around in this as yet.

The skirt is Vogue 7540 with a center inverted pleat.

Here is a blog post about the fabric and pattern. The top came from this pattern.



Showing off my small crinoline to give it some swish.
My hubby gets such a kick (not really as he rolls his eyes) as I strike a pose.

Up closer. I was so pleased when I finally figured out how to put the pockets in. The directions were a tad bit confusing for this beginner sewer. But then I amazed myself by putting the second pocket in WITH a side zipper in the same spot. I still don't know how I did it.


 Here is a close up of the front of the blouse. The off white fabric has a small swirl pattern to it that can't be seen from the photos. The red buttons came from a stash of buttons I got in this basket of goodies from the thrift shop. Gloves will be blogged about later this week.


8 comments:

  1. Well done you! It's wonderful, you should be very proud.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest outfit ever! Great job, I love the fabric

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's adorable! Great use of that fabric (which I love!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, actually you can totally see the scroll design in the shirt fabric in that big picture! I love how you incorporated the print into the shirt. Cute outfit! And are you saying that you made the gloves too?!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. No I did not make the gloves. They are vintage. I am blogging about them today. Follow my blog if you'd like and you can see all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pleasant surprise. Welcome as a new follower of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very cute outfit. You could make a belt from a vintage belt kit. That would go nicely with the top. And...I love your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, that fabric! Love it and love the outfit!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails