May 3, 2010

A Cream of Wheat Kind of Morning

This morning I have my apron on and have just started the process for making some Snow Pudding. I went to a couple of thrift shops over the weekend looking for individual molds to put it in and came away empty handed. So I will use one of my lovely almost vintage Tupperware molds.

I felt so lively and do I dare say, gay, while making it this morning. I twirled around the kitchen, singing to the Sammy Kaye Orchestra (just wearing a vintage apron does this to me) and opened a drawer to get the gelatin and there staring me in the face was a box of Cream of Wheat. It felt like just the morning for a heaping bowl of lumpy Cream of Wheat. I love chewing into the lumps it makes if you don't stir it while it is cooking. I drizzled it with honey and sprinkled a bit of cinnamon on top and hey de day...I was happy, sustained and ready for the day.

Then me being me, I thought I would learn about the origins of Cream of Wheat. What better to do with my time while the Lemon Snow goes about jelling for the next step of adding the whipped egg whites.
While doing this I came across this lovely blog called, Tattered and Lost Ephemera, and she had done a recent post about it where she told all. Why shall I repeat a great story. So please do go view all about it on her blog. It is an interesting story.

Stay tuned for the outcome of Snow Pudding...also going to do some sewing on  a new project today. I am putting McCalls 5861 away for a bit until I figure out how to make it fit better.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the apron, I love mine so much I am making a second one. There is just something all female about them.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails