June 6, 2010

My Feeble Attempt at Pincurls

You may or may not remember this cool hairdryer I purchased a few months ago. I wanted to use it to put traditional pin curls in my hair. It is not as easy to do as it looks. Arms get tired from holding them up for a long time while pinning hair, the back is hard to see, etc. I really did not know what the heck I was doing, but I managed and this is how it came out.

Enjoying Oprah Magazine while my hair dries.
 

Bobby pins out, hair uncombed. 
ATTRACTIVE.... yikes
 Combed out...that's a little better!!
 
How about a scarf?

Black and white.

4 comments:

  1. I think it came out great! Rather glam, actually. Especially the last photo. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would LOVE the hairdryer I have that belonged to my Aunt Mae. It's the kind that has the hose that attaches to the vinyl bonnet and comes with this really cool carrying case...do you remember that type? My grandmother used to make the most perfect, tight pin curls ever---being that creating curls is NOT my problem, perhaps I should just pass the dryer on to you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out swell! I wish my hair would hold a curl, but alas, they go limp on me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We must be on the same wavelength -- I set my hair in pincurls yesterday! My hair is usually straight as a stick, but with that ultra sticky hair gel, the kind that people buy to make their hair stay up in a Mohawk, even my hair will curl and stay curled. I usually get about three days of curl out of it if I'm lucky.

    Your work is a lot more glamorous than mine. Mine is kinda frizzy, but I can tame it down with lots and lots of hairspray. Just don't get me near any open flames. ;)

    I love, love, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails