September 12, 2010

Hydrangea Time

One of my very favorite flowers/trees is the Hydrangea. 
I love all the different types and was thrilled to see a mature tree on our new property.
 Yesterday I went out and cut some for drying.
  
This is the front of the house that was looking so poor yesterday. I pulled out all of the ferns and hope to replace the entire space next year with:
Quite frankly I can't get enough of the glories of Hydrangea in all of its forms.
We live about an hour from the somewhat famous White Flower Farm and can get some nice varieties which I know will work well in our climate here.

Many years ago when we lived in Norfolk, Ct, hubby built something for White Flower Farm and because it was in the fall, they were getting rid of plants. He came home one day with two pick-up trucks overflowing with plants, bulbs and flowers. Sadly we planted them and then had to leave them all behind when we moved.

 What are some of your favorite gardening flowers or shrubs and why?

3 comments:

  1. I love hydrangeas, too! I took some photos of some lovely variegated pink-and-blue ones this summer in England.

    Azaleas are probably my favorite flowering bush -- they are everywhere both here in Houston, and in my hometown in Florida. I would pick one each day to take to school with me when they were in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Lassie, I'm right with you, I can't get enough of the beautiful Hydrangea--any color, shape, any size. They are just beautiful.

    I know Brian hates these but I absolutely love zinnias! They're bright, bold, colorful, bloom straight into fall and make wonderful cutting flowers that stay beautiful in a vase for a very long time.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I feel your pain, I'm planning to move to the other side of the country and I'm determined to figure out a way to bring my plants! I can't leave my BABIES!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails