August 23, 2011

It's a Festival....or The Saga of a Kinapped Pabu

Good gosh I wish I had some exciting news to share with you but alas, none. Life has been work, sleep and more work. How boring. Hubby did convince me to walk across the street on Saturday morning to go to the festivities of Elihu Burritt Day. ~ ~Burritt  studied to be a blacksmith in town. He was a very intelligent man, and had an aptitude for languages, and wrote over 37 books and articles. President Lincoln appointed him United States consul in Birmingham England. This earned him the title of "Learned Blacksmith"; he continued being an occasional blacksmith to make extra money. In 1848 he created the precursor to the League of Nations and the United Nations called the First International Congress of the Friends of Peace which convened in Brussels in Sept. 1848. He also advocated in Britain for the Ocean Penny Post, a reduction in the current rate. He argument was that this would increase international correspondence, trade, hence universal brotherhood.

DSCF2607
Hay Ride
DSCF2608
These two young girls were staying at the Inn for a few days and I waited on them the night before. They were from Barcelona, Spain and did not speak English. The little one followed me around while I was working and I told her parents to bring them over the next day to see our dogs. So when I ran into them at the festival with dogs in tow, it became a love affair (on their part) at first site.

Pabu gets kidnapped!
DSCF2609
 While hubby talks with their dad.
DSCF2610
 "Daddy!!!! They're taking me away. DADDY!!
 DSCF2611
The Jester!
DSCF2614
Pabu finds a dog friend!
DSCF2615
 There goes a balloon.
DSCF2616
 "Daddy do you see me?" Help!!
 DSCF2619
 Dalai meets a BIG BOY!
 DSCF2622
And so does Pabu!
 DSCF2624
Pabu feeling his attempts to be saved are fruitless.
DSCF2625
So he settles in with the Jester.
DSCF2628
While Hubby continues to talk with their dad.
DSCF2629

DSCF2631
"No lady, we are never giving him back."
DSCF2633

 DSCF2634
I finally dragged hubby away from his new German friend and
was able to get Pabu back and enjoy more of the festivities.

Car Show
DSCF2635
This one matched my dress!
DSCF2636

DSCF2638

DSCF2637
DSCF2639
 This was my favorite
DSCF2640
DSCF2641
Honey Bee Cake.
DSCF2642
And the beeeeeeeeeeeeeeees
DSCF2644

A rainbow over my house late yesterday afternoon
DSCF2645







No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails