February 22, 2012

Knitted Undies?

I know there are a few of you out there that have tackled sewing undergarments...but could you imagine knitting them. It has never crossed my mind that women in the 1940's knit their bra's and panties. If I did not hate the feel of wool against my skin I might try one of these especially the one below:


Or this one:





 How about knitting up some knee warmers!!!! I can see infusing them with eucalyptus and wearing them for arthritis. Who needs new remedies. I bet wool and eucalyptus would really be great together. I may just make a pair of these for my mother. Do you think they would stay up?
By the way, all of these patterns can be purchase over at http://www.fab40s.co.uk/Ladies3.html




Although not an undergarment I can totally see Miss Moll Doll really rocking this swim suit.
And speaking of Miss Moll Doll, she is scheduled to compete in her first roller derby game this coming Sat. Here she is during practice. She is on the left. She is what is called a jammer. They score. You can see the other girls are blocking for her so she can get past and score. Her roller derby name is Bea Nibble.

2 comments:

  1. This is something I've never tried knitting either. You could try substituting cotton yarn for the wool. That sounds as if it would be much more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These patterns are simply hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails