May 28, 2012

With Honor and Pride

 The veteran closest to my heart has been home and out of the military for almost 6 years. There are days it still feels so close , and other days it feels like another lifetime. As long as I live I will never look at the flag the same way, hear the national anthem without a tear in my eye or say the words "land of the free, home of the brave" without choking up. The experience of being the mother of a soldier in war forever changed me.
Today I honor and give my thanks for all the sacrifice of so many families and the brave men and women who have worn the uniform for our country.
Tomorrow I will share with you the homecoming from Afghanistan of Sir Braveheart. You really won't want to miss this story! It will surely bring a tear to your eye.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails